“You wanted Aspens, I got you Aspens.”

I’m baaacccckkkkk… back to to real life in Middle-of-Corn, Kansas, because apparently staying on vacation with your friends in Colorado is not an actual “career” and those things called “bills” still expect to be paid at the first of the month. I know, major let down.

I thought about giving y’all an overview of the shenanigans that went down in Steamboat Springs by four Okies, but instead decided to ease into my “welcome back to blogging” with a wordless Wednesday of scenery pictures I captured this past week.

I’m very fortunate to have three friends that support my photography as much as Best Friend, Smokey B, and Fix-it do. (Oh yeah, introducing “Fix-it” to HH&SS, he’s one of my best guy friends, and blog stalker, 😉 so everyone say “Hello!”) During our trip, Fix-it pulled the truck over countless times in order to let me out to lay in the road, climb on the truck, or slide down inclines in order to “get my shot.” So you all can thank him for the following.

Without further ado, I’ll stop typing and let this be a “Wordless Wednesday.”

“You wanted aspens, I got you aspens,” Fix-it said.

The crew.

Until next time!
Dani B. out

15 thoughts on ““You wanted Aspens, I got you Aspens.”

1. Michele Beard says:

Thank you, Yellie!!! What a beautiful post!! I loved the windmill, ski boots on the fence posts, all the wildlife shots, gorgeous fly fishing, shooting range pics, friend pics, and it simply wouldn’t be complete without the Aspens. You are a wonderful photographer! :). As always, well done!!

• High Heels & Shotgun Shells says:

Thank you Mom. 🙂 It’s easy to take great pictures when I had such amazing subjects and even more amazing friends to help assist.

• High Heels & Shotgun Shells says:

Thank you so much, you have no idea how honored I am to hear that! And I had an incredible time, thank you.

2. Ashley Breitnauer says:

Loved seeing my home state through your lens and talent. Also, your blog is hilarious and I love reading it hearing your sarcasm and humor in each word. Hope the Middle-of-Corn, Kansas is treating you well.

• High Heels & Shotgun Shells says:

Glad you enjoyed them Ashley, and glad I can humor you! I’m guessing you are my views from Malaysia? Stay safe girly.

• High Heels & Shotgun Shells says:

They are actually boots! Ski boots! This particular place had them on every fence post surrounding their property. I thought it was fun. 🙂

3. Suzi says:

Your pictures are beautiful! Each one brings a memory of you capturing it. My favorite is the chipmunk. Me walking up on Tyler frozen and slowly looking over at me “get danielle!”…I almost thought something was wrong until he slowly pointed at it. Then, me and Derek helping you scale the side of the mountain and go off the trail where we then found a sign saying to stay on the trail. Lol!

4. Jen says:

The red barn and windmill picture is now my desktop background…i might need that for my office- so beautiful. the sunflare in the boots picture is perfect.
    You rock. such an eye!